What can you learn on our manga drawing courses?
From face and body to posing and clothing - let our professional Japanese artists take you through all the techniques you’ll need to get started as an anime artist!
This standalone course includes a full series of character drawing lectures taken from our main subscription course “Learn How to Illustrate in Manga Style from Japanese Professionals”.
From beginners who have never drawn a full character illustration before, to artists who are already confident in their drawing ability, the content in this course is suitable for all levels.
For the best results and progress, we suggest subscribing to our monthly course and studying at our recommended pace, but we have seen that some students like to work at their own pace, without having to wait for the next lessons to be released every month. We understand that each of our students has different needs, so we've created this one-off purchase course to allow for more freedom in your study routine!
All students who have purchased this course will also have access to the comments section in each lecture page, where they are free to post any questions they have about the lesson, or even post pictures of their own work. There our professional Japanese lecturers will answer your questions, and give you personal advice and feedback!
Learn how to draw anime characters at your own pace!
This course grants lifetime access to the lessons from the first sections of our subscription course, so you can take your time, and get better at drawing anime and manga at your own pace!
There is no "sign up period" or "school term" that all students must stick to. Join whenever you want, and study whenever you have the time! Perfect for students who want complete freedom in their study schedule.
Once you have purchased this pack of lessons, there will be no further payments to be made. You can learn all about anime character drawing by watching the lessons as many times as you want, and enjoying unlimited access to the comments section of the lectures to get advice from the teachers.
This course teaches the foundations of manga illustration, with a focus on drawing characters in anime style.
1. The basics of character illustration. We study all the basic techniques necessary to draw the human body and face in anime style. We're going to learn how to get better at drawing anime characters!
2. Drawing individual facial features correctly, and using them to give characters a sense of presence and individuality.
3. The difference in technique for drawing male and female characters, and how to bring our characters to life with the use of different poses and clothing. Focus on keeping characters balanced and natural-looking.
4. Japanese pro illustrators take you through the process of drawing popular anime characters such as One Punch Man and Sailor Moon. These anime character lessons will let you practice what you have learnt in previous lessons, and see how each of the skills you have learnt come together to form a complete illustration.
For a rundown of all individual lesson topics and content, please check the "course curriculum" below!
COMPLETE LESSON BUNDLE
Buy now and save 10%!
Want access to the lessons in this course, along with ALL the other lectures we offer at Anime Art Academy?
Choose our Complete Lesson Bundle and get all our one-off purchase lesson packs at a special reduced price!
- Drawing balanced faces: female characters (7:37)
- Drawing balanced faces: male characters (5:56)
- Drawing bodies: female characters (12:58)
- Drawing bodies: male characters (8:25)
- Drawing bodies: children (5:41)
- Drawing characters from different angles (8:12)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Saitama from One-Punch Man (5:43)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Rem from Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World (11:33)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon (8:43)
- Drawing realistic eyes (5:47)
- Drawing anime style eyes: female characters (5:46)
- Drawing anime style eyes: male characters (4:41)
- Drawing mouth, nose and ears (6:51)
- Drawing faces in profile: Female characters (5:04)
- Drawing faces in profile: Male characters (5:10)
- Drawing different hairstyles: Female Characters (8:04)
- Drawing different hairstyles: Male Characters (6:19)
- Drawing different expressions: Female Characters (5:36)
- Drawing different expressions: Male Characters (6:26)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Asui Tsuyu from My Hero Academia (7:05)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan (13:45)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist (9:58)
- Drawing hands: Female Characters (9:12)
- Drawing hands: Male Characters (7:56)
- Drawing legs (6:11)
- Drawing bodies: Female characters (Advanced) (5:15)
- Drawing bodies: Male characters (Advanced) (5:35)
- Depicting different body types (5:35)
- Drawing male characters in clothes (6:23)
- Drawing characters in skirts (5:59)
- Drawing characters in movement (7:08)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing C.C. from Code Geass (8:10)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann (9:12)
- Learn illustration techniques whilst drawing Junko Konno from Zombie Land Saga (10:05)
- You're ready for the next stage!