What can you learn on our courses?
Let's learn some new skills to help us take our illustration up to the next level! We'll be using what we've learnt from the Beginner and Pro Techniques Vol.1 lesson packs, and building on this knowledge with lots more advanced professional techniques.
This lesson pack includes some of our most requested lessons, like how to draw characters in the styles that are most popular in Japan today, detailed lessons on digital colouring, and a mini series of lessons on how to compose Japanese style manga comic strips!
This standalone course includes a set of advanced illustration lectures taken from our main subscription course “Learn How to Illustrate in Manga Style from Japanese Professionals”.The lesson pack includes lectures on modern character illustration, digital colouring, manga creation, and much more! As always, our lessons focus on little-known techniques our lecturers have learnt from years of experience in the Japanese anime and manga industry.
This is the 3rd in our standalone lesson pack series, and we recommend that you first complete both our “Drawing Anime and Manga Characters” course, and "Pro Techniques Vol.1" before beginning this lesson pack.
Actually, for the best results and progress, we suggest subscribing to our monthly course and studying at our recommended pace of 4 lessons per month. However, we have received feedback from some of our students who would prefer to work at their own pace, without having to wait for the next lessons to be released every month. We understand that each of our students has different needs, so we've created these one-off purchase courses to allow for more freedom in your study routine!
All students who have purchased this course will also have access to the comments section in each lecture page, where they are free to post any questions they have about the lesson, or even post pictures of their own work. There our professional Japanese lecturers will answer your questions, and give you personal advice and feedback!
1. In our Digital Colouring mini course, we'll be using Clip Studio Paint Pro to study how to colour digitally on a computer or tablet! We've adapted the lessons to fit all different digital illustration software, so even if you don't have Clip Studio, you'll be able to follow along and learn super helpful tips for your software of choice!
2. We'll be looking at how to draw faces and expressions using the most popular art styles and techniques in the industry today. As well as learning how to draw all kinds of anime classics - including school uniforms, maid outfits, and "chibi" characters!
3. Learning how to create beautiful backgrounds that help your characters stand out.
4. In our highly requested Manga Illustration mini course, we'll be looking at the whole process that Japanese professionals go through when creating manga comics. From planning the story, all the way through to illustrating and printing your work.
5. How to take on and complete commissions. A big part of many pro illustrators' careers is taking on and carrying out job requests. We'll be going through the process step by step, so you're ready to take on commissions of your own!
6. Taking your work to the next level! We look back at some of the areas we studied in past lessons, and use some simple yet effective techniques to give our illustrations an extra professional touch. From drawing to colouring and composition, these lessons will introduce you to all kinds of techniques used by professional illustrators in Japan.
For a rundown of all individual lesson topics and content, please check the "course curriculum" below!
COMPLETE LESSON BUNDLE
Buy now and save 10%!
Want access to the lessons in this course, along with ALL the other lectures we offer at Anime Art Academy?
Choose our Complete Lesson Bundle and get all our one-off purchase lesson packs at a special reduced price!
- Backgrounds Lesson 11 - Drawing a Sunset Scene - Part 1 (7:48)
- Backgrounds Lesson 12 - Drawing a Sunset Scene - Part 2 (5:15)
- Backgrounds Lesson 13 - Drawing a Sunset Scene - Part 3 (7:42)
- Backgrounds Lesson 14a - Practical Tips For Background Illustration - "Indoor Scene" Part 1 (5:32)
- Backgrounds Lesson 14b - Practical Tips For Background Illustration - "Indoor Scene" Part 2 (8:22)
- Digital Colouring 1 – Layer Styles and the Three Attributes of Colour (11:14)
- Digital Colouring 3a - What to Consider When Colouring - The Relationship Between Light and Colour Part 1 (5:07)
- Digital Colouring 3b - What to Consider When Colouring - The Relationship Between Light and Colour Part 2 (4:37)
- Digital Colouring 3c - What to Consider When Colouring - The Relationship Between Light and Colour Part 3 (6:03)
- Digital Colouring 4 - What to Consider When Colouring - Lighting (8:15)
- Digital Colouring 5 - What to Consider When Colouring - Colour Schemes (9:43)
- Digital Colouring 6a - Expressing Textures - Skin (5:33)
- Digital Colouring 6b - Expressing Textures - Skin (6:11)
- Digital Colouring 7a - Expressing Textures - Hair (6:09)
- Digital Colouring 7b - Expressing Textures - Clothing and Creases (7:59)
- Digital Colouring 8a - Expressing Textures - Furniture (6:17)
- Digital Colouring 8b - Expressing Textures - Rock (5:57)
- Professional Techniques 36 - Facial Expressions 4 : Exaggerating Emotions (6:13)
- Professional Techniques 37 - Posing Part 1: Walking (5:55)
- Professional Techniques 38 - Posing Part 2: Running (5:42)
- Professional Techniques 39 - Posing Part 3: Sitting (6:10)
- Professional Techniques 41 - Drawing School Uniform Part 2: Shirts (9:17)
- Professional Techniques 42 - Drawing School Uniform Part 3: Sailor Shirts and Jackets (8:28)
- Professional Techniques 43 - Drawing School Uniform Part 4: Trousers, Skirts and More (7:19)
- Professional Techniques 44 - Creating and Applying Checked Patterns (7:16)
- Professional Techniques 45 - Drawing Characters Lying Down (7:24)
- Professional Techniques 46 - Drawing Characters Jumping (5:41)
- Professional Techniques 47 - Drawing Maid Outfits Part 1 (4:58)
- Professional Techniques 48 - Drawing Maid Outfits Part 2 (5:24)
- Professional Techniques 49 - Drawing Maid Outfits Part 3 (5:02)
- Professional Techniques 50 - Anime Styles Over the Years (6:48)
- Professional Techniques 51 - Anime Styles Over the Years - Eyes (6:51)
- Professional Techniques 52 - Drawing Sparkling Eyes (6:28)
- Professional Techniques 53 - Drawing Cool Eyes (5:53)
- Professional Techniques 54 - Drawing Mini Characters (6:07)
- Professional Techniques 55 - Colouring Mini Characters (6:31)
- Professional Techniques 56 - The Commission Process (8:50)
- Professional Techniques 57 - Creating Fanart (7:50)
- Professional Techniques 58 - Anime Styles Over the Years (6:48)
- Professional Techniques 59 - Creating Effects (7:16)
- Professional Techniques 60 - Creating Effects 2 (7:16)
- Professional Techniques 61 - Creating Effects 3 (9:08)
- Professional Techniques 62 - Drawing Mini Characters (6:07)
- Professional Techniques 63 - Colouring Mini Characters (6:31)
- Professional Techniques 64 - The Commission Process (8:50)
- Professional Techniques 65 - Creating Fanart (7:50)
- Professional Techniques 66 - Professional Techniques for Drawing Hair 2 (9:11)
- Professional Techniques 67 - Creating Effects (7:16)
- Professional Techniques 68 - Creating Effects 2 (7:16)
- Professional Techniques 69 - Creating Effects 3 (9:08)
- Professional Techniques 70 - Creating Variety in Faces (11:27)
- Professional Techniques 71 - Simple Hair Colouring Techniques (7:00)
- Professional Techniques 72 - Colouring Techniques to Make Hair Glow (7:41)
- Professional Techniques 73 - Using Circles to Draw Animals (6:29)
- Professional Techniques 74 - How to Draw Sneakers (6:51)
- Professional Techniques 75 - How to Draw Boots (6:17)
- Great work! You're ready to continue your journey!
Get started now!
Before enrolling, please note!
The lessons listed in the above course curriculum will be released to students on a monthly basis, with 4 lessons made available each month (6 in the first month, as a welcome bonus!). Students will not be able to choose which session to begin from, as our lessons build on each other and have prerequisites from earlier lessons.
Students will also be unable to jump ahead in the course, or view future sessions until that month comes around. As an online course, we have found this is the only way to effectively control our student's pacing, and ensure everyone gets enough practice between sessions. Taking your time and getting plenty of practice is the key to success!